Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chadwick, RN

Yup. I passed the NCLEX! I am happy. Really happy. I feel quite accomplished. I over studied, but that also saved me from feeling the anxiety of seeing something on the test that I'd never heard of. And now, 3 days of 12 hour shifts and 1 four-hour class each week sounds like a real vacation. My off time will be mine. No looming deadlines. No papers. No tests that will determine the course of my life. Just good old-fashioned work.

I've been working on the cardiothoracic floor for 4 weeks now. I'm all thumbs but I love it. The struggle is so much more tolerable when it's not in a book of theory and out in "the real". I can see that my efforts are directly benefiting the patients that I work with. It's awesome.

And for now, it's time to relax a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I miss your posts. I hope you continue to write.